ONLINE EVALUALATION LINK IS OPEN UNTIL 5:00PM 2/19/20.
CEU CERTIFICATES WILL BE EMAILED AFTER THE EVALUATION CLOSES.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Registration Fee: $10 (payment must be made online at the time of registration)
Time: 9:00am - 11:00am
Location: Riveredge Hospital - Gymnasium, 8311 Roosevelt Rd., Forest Park, IL, 60130
- Angela Nino, CFI, Chief Executive Officer, Improv Therapy Group
- Lisa Bany, Chief Improv Officer, Improv Therapy Group
Improv as we commonly know it started with social worker, Viola Spolin, at the Hull House in Chicago. Spolin played theatre games to help immigrant children acculturate into society. Her son, Paul Sills, co-founded The Second City. The roots of improv are in social work, and at Improv Therapy Group we believe in using improv to help practice life skills.
At Improv Therapy Group we believe in the healing power of laughter. We believe in the concept of “Yes, and” to make surevery voice is heard and to listen and support the ensemble.
We embrace imperfection while we strive to be present in the moment.
- Participants will learn the improv principle "Yes, and ".
- Participants will identify how improv games can be used to recognize and name different emotions.
- Participants will identify how improv invokes active listening and reacting in the moment.
- Participants will be able to apply the concepts of improv to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
Continuing Education Credits:
2.0 CEU’s are available for LCSW, LCPC, LSW, LPC
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The registration fee is non-refundable.
This training is provided by the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township and Riveredge Hospital.
No recent news
IPHA Webinar - Making Research Actionable: Using Technology to Identify Youth Exposed to ACEs
IPHA's Third-Party Billing Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) Meeting
IPHA Webinar - He Said, She Said: Avoiding Interdisciplinary Communication Pitfalls
Rise N' Learn Webinar - Understanding Child and Adolescent Anxiety: Strategies for Support including CBT and Mindfulness-Based Approaches
2020 APHA VIRTUAL Annual Meeting and Expo
Rise N' Learn Webinar - Dementia Friends Illinois: Helping the Movement to Grow