09/30/202012:00 PM - CST
September 30, 2020: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
He Said, She Said: Avoiding Interdisciplinary Communication Pitfalls
- Kelli D. Whittington, PhD, RN, CNE, BSN Program Director & Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Brandon Hirsch, MS, CMD RT(R)(T)(CT), Assistant Professor, Radiology School of Health Sciences, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Jennifer Walker, MS Ed, RT(R)(MR)(CT), Clinical Instructor, Radiologic Services CT/MRI, Program Director, School of Health Sciences, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Members of the health care team come to practice with various ideas on how information should be shared. These personal ideas impact the ability to communicate effectively with individuals outside of their specific discipline. Although talking may be occurring, as so well stated by Captain in Cool Hand Luke, “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.” Building a culture of effective inter-disciplinary communication and collaboration promotes a venue to support a healthy Illinois. This presentation will examine barriers to communication and present specific skill sets and strategies to foster the development of all team members.
- Identify barriers to communication among their team members.
- Develop at least 2 skills to enhance your personal communication with your team.
- Plan how to foster these skills among your team members.
No recent news
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Using the Development Relationships Framework to create connections with young people: The science behind the art of building relationships
National Public Health Week 2021
1st Annual CHW Summit: CHWs: Empowered, Essential, and Everlasting
IPHA 80th Annual Virtual Conference: Powering Public Health Forward
APHA Annual Meeting - Virtual