10/28/202012:00 PM - CST
October 28, 2020: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
An Overview of the Illinois Project for Local Assessment of Needs (IPLAN): Requirements, Compliance, and Certification
- Nelson Agbodo, MS, MPH, DPA, Acting Chief, Division of Health Data and Policy, Office of Policy, Planning, and Statistics, Illinois Department of Public Health
- Monica Hendrickson, MPH, Public Health Administrator, Peoria City/County Health Department
The Illinois Administrative Code requires local health departments (LHD) in Illinois to complete a community health needs assessment and health plan to fulfill the provisions for certification at least every five years. The Illinois Project for Local Assessment of Needs (IPLAN) is grounded in the core functions of public health and addresses public health practice standards. The essential elements of IPLAN are an organizational capacity assessment; a community health needs assessment; and a community health plan, focusing on a minimum of three priority health problems. This session will provide information and updates from IDPH about the IPLAN process.
- Understand the history and purpose of IPLAN.
- Identify the essential elements of creating an IPLAN for your community.
- Learn updates about the IPLAN process and current priorities at the state level.
No recent news
IPHA 80th Annual Virtual Conference: Powering Public Health Forward
Local Health Department Supervisory Skills Series: Excelling as a Manager or Supervisor
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Effects of Domestic Violence on Children
I/DD Professional Webinar - Ethical Consideration with Telehealth: Best Practices
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Becoming a Beacon: Tools for Transformation in a Global Pandemic
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Improving Our Spiritual Wellbeing
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Professional Webinar: A Suicide Loss Survivor's Hindsight and Hope
APHA Virtual Annual Meeting
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Understanding, Coping & Healing from Abuse & Trauma
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Borderline Personality Disorder: Effective Treatment for Difficult Clients