10/28/202012:00 PM - CST
October 28, 2020: 12:00pm – 1:30pm
An Overview of the Illinois Project for Local Assessment of Needs (IPLAN): Requirements, Compliance, and Certification
- Nelson Agbodo, MS, MPH, DPA, Acting Chief, Division of Health Data and Policy, Office of Policy, Planning, and Statistics, Illinois Department of Public Health
- Monica Hendrickson, MPH, Public Health Administrator, Peoria City/County Health Department
The Illinois Administrative Code requires local health departments (LHD) in Illinois to complete a community health needs assessment and health plan to fulfill the provisions for certification at least every five years. The Illinois Project for Local Assessment of Needs (IPLAN) is grounded in the core functions of public health and addresses public health practice standards. The essential elements of IPLAN are an organizational capacity assessment; a community health needs assessment; and a community health plan, focusing on a minimum of three priority health problems. This session will provide information and updates from IDPH about the IPLAN process.
- Understand the history and purpose of IPLAN.
- Identify the essential elements of creating an IPLAN for your community.
- Learn updates about the IPLAN process and current priorities at the state level.
No recent news
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Webinar: Self-Care Amid the Storms of 2020-21
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - BREAKING NEWS: How Psychotherapists Can Help Children and their Families Cope with Traumatic News in the Media and When Trauma Occurs in Their Communities
1st Annual CHW Summit: CHWs: Empowered, Essential, and Everlasting
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Intersections of Trauma and Oppression with Homelessness Among Youth in the USA
IPHA 80th Annual Virtual Conference: Powering Public Health Forward
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - From Stress to Resilience: Mindfulness-based Self-Care for Professionals
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Embracing the 3 S's: Self-Acceptance, Self-Compassion, and Self-Care
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Effects of Domestic Violence on Children
I/DD Professional Webinar - Ethical Consideration with Telehealth: Best Practices
APHA Annual Meeting - Virtual