Lunch ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Not On Our Watch: Suicide Prevention
October 20, 2021 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Registration Fee: $10 (payment must be made online at time of registration)
Format: You will receive a link to the Zoom webinar and instructions a few days prior to the training, if your registration fee has been paid. The email will come from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so please be sure to add these email addresses to your safe/white list or check your Junk/Spam folder if you cannot find the email in your inbox.
Meghan Cook, LSW, CADC, Access Coordinator
Jason Relle, LCPC, Clinical Director at Rosecrance
- In this session, participants will increase awareness and understanding of the topic of suicidality. Participants will review the definition of suicide, as well as discuss up to date statistics and trends with the topic of suicidality. Participants will also be introduced to a framework to aid in effective management of suicidality that will include a brief overview of interventions.
- Introduction to the definition and topic of suicide
- Review of the current statistics, trends, and social impact related to suicidality
- Understand the language we utilize in an effort to reduce stigma
- Identify warning signs, risk factors, and protective factors
- Introduction to effective intervention including our emotions, empathy, collaboration and means restriction
Continuing Education Credits:
2.0 CEU’s are available for LCSW, LCPC, LSW, LPC, and QIDP
All other professionals are encouraged to check with their respective licensing boards for questions about whether this workshop meets criteria for continuing education credits.
Following the event, attendees will receive an email with a link to the online evaluation to complete. Evaluations open within 2 business days post-event and remain open for 10 days. All attendees MUST complete the online evaluation in order to receive a CEU certificate, no exceptions. Once the evaluation response window closes, CEU certificates will be emailed. This process takes approximately 3 weeks following the event.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Professional development workshops are sponsored by a partnership between the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township, Riveredge Hospital, and Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System.
No recent news
Introduction to Illinois Advance
Susan G. Komen More Than Pink Walk
Why Does COVID-19 Testing in K-12 Schools Still Matter?
IPHA 80th Annual Virtual Conference: Powering Public Health Forward
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Understanding, Coping & Healing from Abuse & Trauma
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Trauma 101: Trauma in the Classroom
Rise ‘N’ Learn Webinar - Borderline Personality Disorder: Effective Treatment for Difficult Clients