02/17/20239:00 AM - CST
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 15, 2023.
IDD Provider Networking Group Webinar –
Overview of Dual Diagnosis
Friday, February 17, 2023 - 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Professional development workshops are sponsored by a partnership between the
Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township, Riveredge Hospital, and
Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System.
Presenter: Kim Shontz, LCSW - Director, Illinois Crisis Prevention Network Support Service Teams
Bio: Kim Shontz, LCSW, is the Director of the Illinois Crisis Prevention Network (ICPN). ICPN provides support service teams funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities experiencing behavioral and/or medical challenges in their current residential setting across the state. Kim previously served as the deputy director of the Behavioral Health program at Trinity Services, providing residential and psycho-social rehabilitation day program services supporting people dually diagnosed with mental illness and intellectual disabilities.
Workshop Title: Overview of Dual Diagnosis
Workshop Overview: People with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities are at a higher risk of co-occurring mental health issues - aka the "other" dual diagnosis. Historically, diagnostic overshadowing precluded people from receiving mental health services. Understanding the importance of accurate diagnosis and identifying how the symptoms of mental illness may present in a person with IDD is essential to ethical and effective mental health treatment.
- Understand the history of treatment for people dually diagnosed with an intellectual/developmental disability and a mental illness
- Identify the importance of an accurate diagnosis to inform treatment planning
- Utilize the DM-ID to understand symptoms and diagnostic criteria for people with an Intellectual/developmental disability
Registration Fee: $10 (payment must be made online at the time of registration).
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The registration fee is non-refundable. Individuals who paid for but missed the workshop can use their payment as a credit towards a future Rise ‘N’ Learn or IDD Provider Networking Group sponsored by the Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township, Riveredge Hospital and Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System.
After registering through IPHA and paying the fee for the workshop, you will receive an email one (1) business day before the training that includes a Zoom Webinar registration link. This Zoom registration assists with tracking attendance for the training. Once the Zoom registration is complete, you will receive an email from Zoom with the link to enter the workshop.
Continuing Education Credits
2.0 CEUs are available for this training.
- Riveredge Hospital is a Social Work CEU Sponsor with IDFPR under license #159000731. The following Illinois credentials are eligible for CEUs under this license: LSW, LCSW, LPC, and LCPC.
- Providers with other credentials (i.e., QIDP) are encouraged to provide presentation information to their credential authority to consider credit for attendance.
- Attendees need to participate in at least 75% of the webinar to receive CEU credit.
Two (2) business days following the event, attendees will receive an email evaluation to complete. Evaluations remain open for seven (7) days. All attendees MUST complete the online evaluation in order to receive a CEU certificate, no exceptions. CEU certificates will be delivered three weeks following the evaluation deadline.
No recent news