04/03/201712:00 AM - CST
04/09/201712:00 AM - CST
APHA Launches National Public Health Week 2017
This year’s campaign will take place April 3-9, 2017 and is themed “Healthiest Nation 2030.”
Visit the website to view this year’s brochure and sign up for updates.
Follow APHA's NPHW on Twitter for the latest news.
As part of this year’s campaign, APHA will once again be leading a challenge to encourage communities to get physically active. APHA’s 1Billion Steps Challenge launched on Jan. 9 and is a great way to improve your health while having fun! This year you can create your own team. Join us in celebrating public health as we work to make the U.S. the healthiest nation in one generation.
APHA's NPHW Twitter Chat
This year, APHA will host its 7th annual NPHW Twitter Chat on April 5 at 2 p.m. EDT. Follow @NPHW to learn more about the NPHW 2017 Twitter Chat! Use the official hashtag, #NPHWchat, in your tweets so users can easily search for what you and others are saying during the event.
RSVP at vite.io/k4azyx1dio
APHA's National Public Health Week partnership webinar recordings
Thank you for all of those who joined APHA staff, Affiliate, component and student leaders discussing innovative strategies for promoting National Public Health Week in local communities and on social media.
This year, we hope to see more collaboration among the APHA network and encourage groups to share your NPHW events and activities. This webinar also promoted tools and resources that can be used to create fun and informative events.
The webinar recordings are now available online.
- January 10 – APHA Leaders: Affiliates, Components and Student Members
- January 11 – General NPHW Partners
Interested in becoming a NPHW partner? Want to know what being a partner means for you or your organization? Check out the information available on the APHA website about becoming a partner.
APHA's 1 Billion Steps Challenge
APHA already has more than 5,000 people walking in APHA’s 1 Billion Steps Challenge! Exercise is more fun when we do it together – so what are you waiting for? There are so many reasons to start walking today.
- Walking can be as easy or challenging as you want.
- Walking is social - walk with with family or friends, and you'll be amazed at all the new neighbors you meet!
- Walking can be spiritual - clear your mind, relieve stress and be one with nature.
- Walking is a great way to discover new places - every walk is an adventure!
- Walking helps you look good and feel great!
Help APHA walk 1 billion steps by April 9
Take family walks, schedule walking meetings at the office, walk your children to school – the more people who join, the quicker we’ll reach 1 billion steps. Plus, we’ll be encouraging healthy habits among our family, friends and co-workers!
- Walk from now until April 9, or pick any time period in between.
- You can sync your step-counting device or enter steps manually.
- Join APHA’s team, someone else’s team or start your own team.
- They track the total steps, steps for each team and steps for each person.
They started counting steps on Jan. 9, but there is still plenty of time to join the fun. Register for APHA’s 1 Billion Steps Challenge and join a team today!
'I am Public Health' Student Photo Contest
Calling all public health students! To celebrate National Public Health Week, and Public Health Student Day we want to see YOUR passion for public health.
We are holding our first National Public Health Week ‘I am Public Health’ Student Photo Contest!
We want you to submit your best public health photo that represents the theme ‘I am Public Health’.
All individual students that submit a photo by the deadline will have a chance to win a free registration to the IPHA 76th Annual Meeting!
To celebrate National Public Health Week, we are giving away 5 FREE registrations for the upcoming IPHA 76th Annual Meeting.
There are 3 ways to enter:
1) 'Like' the IPHA Facebook page. If the IPHA Facebook page reaches 1,000 'likes' by midnight, April 9, all 1,000+ individuals who have liked the page will be entered into a drawing for a free registration for the IPHA 76th Annual Meeting. One winner will be chosen from those who have liked the Facebook page.
IPHA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/IllinoisPublicHealthAssociation/
2) RSVP to the IPHA 76th Annual Meeting Event on Facebook. If 76 individuals RSVP as 'going' or 'interested in going' by midnight, April 9, all 76+ individuals who have RSVP'd will be entered into a drawing for a free registration for the IPHA 76th Annual Meeting. One winner will be chosen from those who have RSVP'd to the Facebook event.
IPHA 76th Annual Meeting Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/344134289320892/
3) Be a current, registered IPHA Member. As a special thank you to our membership, all current, registered IPHA Members as of midnight, April 9 will be put into a drawing for a free registration. One Affiliate Employee Member, one Individual Member, and one Student Member will win a free registration for the IPHA 76th Annual Meeting.
Drawings will be held on April 10. Winners will be notified via e-mail.
Questions? E-mail Jennifer Hopper at firstname.lastname@example.org
NPHW Program Spotlight: Immunization Billing Project
Submit Your Vote for the 'I am Public Health' Student Photo Contest!
AmeriCorps Members to Celebrate National Public Health Week
NPHW 'I am Public Health' Student Photo Contest
You Could Win a Free IPHA 76th Annual Meeting Registration
NPHW Social Media Webinar
Colorful resources to help raise awareness for National Public Health Week
There is still time to join APHA’s 1 Billion Steps Challenge!