WATCH THE WEBINAR
Billing for PrEP Presentation Slides
- Background on PrEP – What is this HIV prevention tool? Who can benefit from it? Who can prescribe it? Where can clients access it?
- How can healthcare organizations in Illinois begin billing for PrEP services? - What is required for billing? What payers are covering PrEP services? What does the PrEP billing process look like?
- What ancillary services can healthcare organizations bill related to PrEP? – Quarterly HIV testing, labs related to a PrEP regimen, any other billable items
- What are the CPT codes related to PrEP and ancillary PrEP services? What are the typical reimbursement rates for PrEP and ancillary PrEP services?
- What challenges and best practices can Howard Brown share regarding billing for PrEP and ancillary PrEP services?
Presenter: Kristin Keglovitz-Baker, PA-C, AAHIVS, Chief Operating Officer, Howard Brown Medical Center (HBMC)
- Chief Operating Officer of the Howard Brown Medical Center (HBMC), which delivers health care and social services to 16,000 people a year in Chicago, IL
- Her medical practice focus includes LGBTQ care, PEP/PrEP, transgender health, HIV medicine, health promotion, and interdisciplinary medical care for populations at risk
- Her projects at HBHC include alternative insemination, primary care opt-out HIV testing, rapid hepatitis C testing, and the expansion of service lines to include such areas as pediatrics
- Has been the primary investigator and subinvestigator on a number of clinical research trials, serves as HBHC’s Institutional Review Board chair, as well as manages numerous grants as program director