ILLINOIS LEGISLATIVE BLACK CAUCUS FOUNDATION 2018 - Undergraduate Scholarship Application
This application is for students seeking an undergraduate degree. Each applicant should be an accepted student at an accredited institution of higher learning such as a community college, private institution or certified vocational training program. ILBC Members, ILBC employees, ILBC Foundation board members, and their immediate relatives are ineligible for the scholarship program.
How to Apply:
You can email the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
All applicants must:
• Be an Illinois resident
• Complete the ILBCF Undergraduate Scholarship Application
• Submit verification of college enrollment or letter of acceptance
• Write a personal statement (500 words or less) describing interest and involvement in community and public service, hobbies, talents, sports and/or school activities. The statement should address future academic and professional career plans and may highlight any personal challenge(s) overcome
• Submit high school transcript (if in college, current transcript) • Submit two letters of recommendation from persons other than relatives
• Submit a recent photograph of himself/herself
• Provide proof of voter registration if 18 years of age or older
• Forward the application and all supporting materials to the ILBCF Scholarship Selection Committee by May 8th, 2018 (No Exceptions)
• Any supporting material not submitted along with application will result in applicant being disqualified.
All applications for the scholarship must be postmarked by May 8th, 2018. Please take note that only applicants chosen to receive an award will be notified by letter.