Looking for experience in the public health field? Need to build your resume?
Consider dedicating 11 months to National Service via the IPHA AmeriCorps Program!
We have immediate openings at the following agencies:
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Kane County Health Department (Aurora)
- Erie Family Health Center (Waukegan)
- Winnebago County Health Department (Rockford)
- Adams County Health Department (Quincy)
- St. Clair County Health Department (Belleville)
Full position descriptions can be found here
Full-time/11 month IPHA AmeriCorps Member Position- Basic Program Requirements/Details:
- Must be available to start October 15, 2018 and remain in the program until early September 2019.
- Must be available Monday through Friday, during normal host site (the organization where you would be stationed) business hours, which are typically 8:00 am-4:00 pm or 9:00 am- 5:00 pm (hours vary by site and will be discussed during site specific interviews).
- Must be able to serve at host site for 40 hours a week (during normal business hours). Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required to complete activities- this varies by site and will be discussed during site specific interviews.
- Must live in the area where you will be stationed, be willing to relocate to that area for the term of service, or be willing to commute from current location. Daily transportation costs to and from host site will not be covered or reimbursed. In addition, the program is not responsible for relocation expenses.
- A living allowance of $624.18, pre-tax, will be provided twice per month (for 22 pay periods), during your term of service. Normal payroll taxes will be deducted from the living allowance. The total living allowance amount for the 11 month term of service is $13,732 (pre-tax).
- Health insurance coverage is provided by the program, if you do not have current coverage.
- Assistance with child care payments is available, if applicable. An application must be completed and certain restrictions apply.
- An education award of $5,920 is available after program completion. The education award is awarded through an electronic system and is taxable in the year in which it is used. It can be used in increments and over a period of 7 years.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled, however the application deadline is October 5!
Applications only accepted online. Visit the IPHA AmeriCorps Program website to apply!