WellCare Health Plans, Inc., the parent company of Harmony Health Plan of Illinois, Inc., has completed its acquisition of Meridian Health Plan, Inc. As a result, all Harmony members will be moved to Meridian. Below are copies of notification letters that will be sent to all Meridian and Harmony providers and members.
Here is a brief summary from the Harmony Meridian Joint Provider Letter:
What is changing?
- Meridian and Harmony Medicaid plans are merging and will operate together as one plan in 2019:
- Effective January 1, 2019, Harmony members will be transitioned to Meridian’s Medicaid plan (MeridianHealth);
- Harmony’s MCO contract with HFS will conclude and the Harmony Medicaid plan will no longer operate after December 31, 2018.
- We are in the process of notifying Harmony Medicaid members that they will become Meridian members and will begin receiving Meridian-branded materials on January 1, 2019.
- The Harmony MCO contract with HFS will conclude at the end of 2018.
What is NOT changing?
- WellCare and Meridian Medicare plans will continue to operate separately in 2018 and 2019:
- The WellCare Medicare plan will not change and contracts remain in effect;
- The Meridian Medicare plan will not change and contracts remain in effect;
- The 2018 Medicare Advantage benefits for members enrolled in each plan remain as published and approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS);
- Medicare Advantage benefits for 2019 will be reflected in materials for the 2019 open enrollment period, October 15, 2018 – December 7, 2018 for a January 1, 2019 effective date.
If you have any questions about this merger, or any other issues related to Medicaid managed care or third-party billing, please feel free to contact the IPHA Billing Project staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.