Help us identify the best among us by nominating a colleague for an APHA award. The awards will be presented at the 2020 APHA Annual Meeting and Expo, Oct. 24-28, in San Francisco.
The nominations deadline is May 1 for the following APHA awards:
- Sedgwick Memorial Medal – recognizes an individual for outstanding accomplishments in the field of public health and is APHA’s oldest and most prestigious honor.
- APHA Award for Excellence – honors an individual for creative work in applying scientific knowledge or innovation to improve community health.
- David P. Rall Award for Advocacy in Public Health – recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to public health through science-based advocacy.
- Martha May Eliot Award – honors a professional in the field of maternal and child health.
- Milton and Ruth Roemer Prize for Creative Local Public Health – honors a health officer of a county, city or other unit of local government in recognition of outstanding creative and innovative public health work.
- Helen Rodriguez-Trias Social Justice Award – recognizes an individual who has worked toward social justice for underserved and disadvantaged populations.
- The Victor Sidel and Barry Levy Award for Peace – honors an APHA member who has made outstanding contributions to preventing war and promoting international peace.
- Lyndon Haviland Public Health Mentoring Award – recognizes an APHA member for mentoring in public health and leadership development.
- Ayman El-Mohandes Young Professional Public Health Innovation Award – recognizes an APHA member who is making a significant, innovative contribution to the field of public health.
Thank you for everything you do to improve the health of the public. Together, we can create the healthiest nation in one generation.