The American Public Health Association is now accepting abstracts for oral and poster presentations for the APHA's 2020 Annual Meeting and Expo. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on the meeting theme — "Creating the Healthiest Nation: Preventing Violence" — and current and emerging public health issues.
Submission Deadline — Abstracts are due Feb. 20.
Abstract Notification — Presenters will be notified via email of abstract status on Jun. 1.
Rules and Regulations
- You do not have to be a member to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author MUST become an individual APHA member and MUST register for the Annual Meeting (the membership requirement does not apply to faculty of APHA Learning Institutes or speakers of invited sessions).
- Abstracts submitted and accepted for the APHA Annual Meeting may not be presented at any other meeting or published prior to Oct. 24.
- Presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying the program planner of cancellation will not be permitted to present papers or posters at any APHA-sponsored meeting for two years following the "no-show."
- An author may not present more than three abstracts during an APHA Annual Meeting, and each abstract must be different. Violators will be removed from the program.
- It is the policy of the American Public Health Association to hold events (meetings, conferences and professional gatherings) where physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. Presentations must be accessible to all including closed captioning of videos.
- Presenters whose abstracts were accepted for presentation but subsequently withdrawn two or more times within the last five years may be excluded from the program.
Submit your Abstract
- From the list below, select the APHA program where you would like to submit your abstract. If your abstract is accepted, it will be scheduled under that program. You cannot submit the same abstract to more than one program. If you are unsure where your presentation would best fit, view the list of topic areas suggested by each program.
- Once you select a program, a new window will open to begin the submission process. Read and follow the instructions provided by the specific program.
- If you have questions about the submission process, email the program planner. Contact information is in this PDF.
- You may review, modify or withdraw your abstract any time through Feb. 20. Log in to your existing abstract to do so.
Tip: APHA suggests that abstracts be developed and finalized off-line in a program such as Microsoft Word for ease of editing and then copied into the online submission form.
For additional information, visit https://apha.confex.com/apha/2020/cfp.cgi.