Speak for Health is how APHA members stand up for public health interests.
APHA believes public health professionals deserve a stronger voice in public health advocacy. Together, we can change the narrative and turn the tide. #SpeakForHealth
APHA is the leading voice for public health in Washington. The policies we advance are based in science, research and member-led processes.
Join us and Speak for Health — for today and future generations.
How can you #SpeakForHealth?
- Attend 2021 Speak for Health Advocacy Training Webinar on July 15, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. (Central) – Link to register for webinar: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdRDEd4KL_mp8ONRWUPDsxHVo-Q8Ry1w9cA-dwMKXT_S4wcQQ/viewform
- Use our state fact sheets (PDF) to advocate locally.
- Read about APHA's advocacy priorities for the 117th Congress (PDF).
- Meet with your members of Congress or their staff.
- Attend a public forum or town hall and ask a question. Call the district offices of your senators and representative to request a list of events near you. Review these tips for speaking at a town hall or public meeting (PDF).
- Speak for Health: You can use these sample questions for public forums with policymakers (PDF).
- Submit an op-ed to your local paper. We have tips for writing op-eds (PDF).
- Use Facebook or Twitter to engage your members of Congress.
- Send an action alert message to your members of Congress, or call your members of Congress and use the action alert message as a phone script.
- Watch the 2020 Speak for Health webinar or review the slides (PDF) for a summary of public health priorities, advocacy strategies and useful resources.
- Visit the Speak for Health website.
- Write an Op-Ed to elevate public health issues