The IPHA AmeriCorps Program is looking for service-minded individuals to fill 2021-2022 AmeriCorps positions.
IPHA AmeriCorps Members meet locally identified needs at health agencies across the state of Illinois through community service in the following focus areas: health promotion and education, volunteer coordination, and emergency preparedness.
2021-2022 IPHA AmeriCorps Positions
Full Time (11 months)
- Health Educator: Erie Family Health Centers (Chicago, IL)
- Community Outreach Worker: Erie Family Health Centers (Waukegan, IL)
- Case Manager and Aftercare Coordinator: Alexian Brothers Housing & Health Alliance-Bonaventure House (Chicago, IL)
- Population Health Educator: SIU School of Medicine (Springfield, IL)
- Community Health Assistant: Region 1 Planning - Community Health Assistant Position Description (Rockford, IL)
AmeriCorps Member Benefits:
- Living Allowance: $16,000 per full-time term (paid in equal disbursements twice per month during term of service)
- Education Award: $6,345 for full-time term completion. May be used to pay back qualified student loans or attend an institution of higher education.
- Loan Deferment: Members do not have to pay back student loans while serving (this is not automatic).
- SNAP Benefits/Energy Assistance
- Child Care Subsidy: Available to income-eligible full-time members.
- Health Insurance: Available to full-time members who are not otherwise covered during their term of service.
Anticipated start date of October 15, 2021.
For more information, please contact Lanie Kepler, AmeriCorps Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.