IPHA’s 78th Annual Conference Planning Committee invites presenters to submit proposals on a wide variety of topics supporting the theme “Healthy by Design”.
The sessions (i.e. concurrent breakout session or skills building workshop) are an excellent forum to highlight public health success stories, develop new skills, demonstrate best practices, exchange lessons learned, share current research, and discover valuable resources on topics such as:
- Policy, Systems and Environmental Change Efforts
- Innovation in Physical Activity, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Chronic Disease, HIV/STDs, Behavioral Health, Emergency Preparedness, Communicable Disease, Workplace Wellness, etc.
- Partnerships, Collaboration and Community Engagement
- Health Equity / Social Determinants of Health
- Communications and Health Advocacy
- Leadership and Skills Development
- National/State/Local Priorities
- Research, Data, Needs Assessment, and Quality Improvement
- …and so much more!
- Network with your peers and advance your professional reputation
- Promote your project and experience to an engaged audience
- Contribute to the industry knowledge base
- Waived registration fee to attend the full conference
- One night lodging, based on eligibility
- Travel stipend up to $75, based on eligibility
The Planning Committee will select proposals that best exemplify the following criteria:
- New Material / Hot Topics –New pioneering content, research and innovative ideas.
- Actionable Information – Content that attendees can put into practice immediately.
- Best Practices / Lessons Learned – What works, what’s effective.
- Interactive Presentations – Engage the audience in active learning and skills development.
There are limited session slots available on the conference agenda. The Planning Committee will notify selected presentation proposal authors of their acceptance by May 10, 2019.
ALL abstracts MUST be submitted online at www.ipha.com by April 1, 2019 at 5:00pm. Below are the required components that you will be asked when you begin your online submission. Abstracts must demonstrate enough content to fill the entire time slot.
1) Select which type of session you are submitting an abstract for:
- Concurrent Breakout Session (75 minutes): Oral presentation sessions, which are intended to support the conference theme “Healthy by Design” and be of professional interest to attendees. These sessions can be delivered via single-speaker or small speaker panels. PowerPoint slides are encouraged and 10-15 minutes should be included for Q & A interaction with the audience.
- Skills-Building Workshop (60 minutes): Oral presentation workshops, which are intended to provide hands-on learning, interactive demonstrations, and/or improvement of various skills for workforce development of attendees. One or two speakers per presentation is best.
2) Title of presentation (be creative; 12 words max)
3) Narrative description of presentation content
4) How will the session be interactive and engage the audience?
5) Brief description of presentation for publication material (2-3 sentences)
6) List 2-3 learning objectives
7) List additional session presenter(s) and contact information
Note: A separate Call for Poster Presentations will be open soon.