Leading Adaptive Change in Public Health
April 29 – June 28, 2019
The application process is open for NACCHO’s Adaptive Leadership online course. Priority will be given to health department staff who serve a jurisdiction with an overall ranking in the lower 1/3 of Illinois based on the 2019 County Health Rankings recently published by the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. Only 1 application per health department will be accepted at this time as space in the online course is limited to 30 total participants.
Applications are due by April 16, 2019.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by COB on April 19, 2019.
Course begins April 29 and concludes June 28, 2019.
There is no cost to participate, if selected. However, all accepted participants must agree to
actively participate in all sessions and complete required worksheets and post-tests.
Participant Learning Outcomes:
• Developing and nurturing partnerships with those in authority, and better leverage your
own power for change;
• Understanding and breaking through a persistent, recurring challenge in your
organization, team, or community;
• Strengthening your ability to lead adaptively in multi-stakeholder environments with
issues of trust, political sensitivities, resistance, conflict and distress;
• Experimenting with new ways to operate and partner to address complex challenges;
• Deepening your own leadership capacity for creating lasting change, personal risktaking,