CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
The Illinois Public Health Association will hold their 79th Annual Conference September 9-10, 2020, at the University of Illinois Springfield campus. The Planning Committee invites presenters to submit proposals on a wide variety of topics supporting the theme “2020 Vision for a Healthy Illinois”.
Selected presentation proposals will be invited to facilitate a 75-minute concurrent breakout session. The sessions are an excellent forum to highlight public health success stories, develop new skills, demonstrate best practices, exchange lessons learned, share current research, and discover valuable resources on topics such as:
- Policy, Systems and Environmental Change Efforts
- Innovation in Physical Activity, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Chronic Disease, HIV/STDs, Behavioral Health, Emergency Preparedness, Communicable Disease, Workplace Wellness, etc.
- Partnerships, Collaboration and Community Engagement
- Health Equity / Social Determinants of Health
- Communications and Health Advocacy
- Leadership and Skills Development
- National/State/Local Priorities
- Research, Data, Needs Assessment, and Quality Improvement
- …and so much more!
Benefits of Participating as a Presenter
- Network with your peers and advance your professional reputation
- Promote your project and experience to an engaged audience
- Contribute to the industry knowledge base
- Waived registration fee, for 1 presenter per session, to attend the full conference
- Travel stipend up to $100, for 1 presenter per session, based on eligibility
The Planning Committee will select proposals that best exemplify the following criteria:
- New Material / Hot Topics –New pioneering content, research and innovative ideas.
- Actionable Information – Content that attendees can put into practice immediately.
- Best Practices / Lessons Learned – What works, what’s effective.
- Interactive Presentations – Engage the audience in active learning and skills development.
There are limited session slots available on the conference agenda. The Planning Committee will notify selected presentation proposal authors of their acceptance by mid-May.
ALL abstracts MUST be submitted online at www.ipha.com. Deadline to submit an abstract is March 31, 2020 at 5:00pm. Below are the required components that you will be asked when you begin your online submission. Abstracts must demonstrate enough content to fill the entire time slot.
Concurrent breakout sessions are intended to support the conference theme “2020 Vision for a Healthy Illinois” and be of professional interest to attendees. These sessions will be held on either September 9th or 10th, are 75-minutes in length and can be delivered via single-speaker or small speaker panels. PowerPoint slides are encouraged and 10-15 minutes should be included for Q & A interaction with the audience.
- Title of presentation (be creative; 12 words max)
- Narrative description of presentation content
- How will the session be interactive and engage the audience?
- Brief description of presentation for publication material (2-3 sentences)
- List 2-3 learning objectives
- List additional session presenter(s) and contact information
ALL abstracts MUST be submitted online at www.ipha.com.
Deadline to submit an abstract is March 31, 2020 at 5:00pm!
Note: A separate Call for Poster Presentations will be open soon.