IPHA is seeking a talented, professional, tech-savvy intern to support our Association's membership and training department. The intern will gain valuable experience working in the nonprofit and public health community and will have opportunities to learn and expand on their communications skills. Candidate must possess excellent organizational and administrative skills, excellent writing skills, and a proven ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines. The position also requires attention to detail and strong computer skills.
The duties of this position include:
- Training support – posting upcoming trainings and events to our website, creating, tracking and distributing CE certificates and event evaluations, providing timely registration, fiscal and quarterly reports, responding to requests from members and outside organizations, and providing support to event participants. Provide support with IPHA’s Learning Management System. Provide support for managing IPHA’s Training Center calendar, and assist staff as needed with coordinating and planning event setup.
- Membership – assist with distributing annual dues renewal notices, tracking payments, and providing reports to Management. Assist with membership inquiries including new members, accessing our online membership portal, renewing membership, etc.
- Social media – assist with creating and posting content on IPHA’s social media pages, Facebook and Twitter.
- E-blasts – assist with collecting content, formatting, and proofing weekly e-blasts to members.
- Website – post updates to IPHA’s website and assist with managing content to ensure it is timely.
- All other duties as assigned.
The intern is expected to work collaboratively and with a flexible, open attitude with respect to duties and assignments.
Location: Hybrid (Intern will be expected to report to IPHA’s downtown office location at 500 W. Monroe Street with work from home flexibility as permitted by supervisor) or completely virtual if intern's location doesn't allow for commuting to our office.
Start Date: August 2021
End Date: December 2021
Interested? Submit your resume and contact information to Abigail Ivancicts, Lead Health Educator and Internship Coordinator, email@example.com.